When you need a go-to chef's knife that can handle just about any of your cooking needs, the Awabi Gyuto knife should be on the top of your list. These Gyuto knives are a type of Japanese chef's knife that can chop, slice, and dice with ease. The prefix ‘Gyu’ means cow (like ‘Wagyu’ beef), and ‘To’ means blade. And what you'll get with this "cow blade" is an impressive multi-tasker in the kitchen that won't disappoint.
Features of the Awabi Gyuto Knife
So, what makes these Gyuto knives so special? They have some pretty stand-out features, which include:
- Blade Length: These professional knives are a cut above the rest because they have a longer blade compared to other Japanese chef's knives. The blade measures between 8 inches and 10.5 inches, so you'll get more efficiency when you're slicing and chopping. It's a popular choice if you're always preparing large quantities of ingredients. Throwing a large party? This is the knife to use. The blade is made from high-quality carbon steel or stainless steel, which gives a sharp edge and good durability.
- Curved Blade: The curved blade is exceptionally sharp. With time, every knife needs to be sharpened. But, this one starts off way ahead of the pack. The curved blade allows for a rocking motion when cutting, which is great when you need to dice onions or other vegetables. You'll get smooth, precise cuts that save you time.
- Handle: The handle of the Awabi Gyuto knife is made from wood, bone, or synthetic materials, giving you a nice, comfortable grip even when you use the knife for extended periods of time.
- Versatility: What makes this knife fantastic to use is its versatility. You can mince vegetables and slice meat with the same knife. The sharp edge and the high-carbon steel result in a perfect chef's knife.
- Japanese Design: The Awabi Gyuto knife is also pretty to look at as it embodies traditional Japanese design elements and aesthetics. It's a stylish addition to any kitchen.
What Makes This Knife a Must-Have Knife?
The Awabi Gyuto knife will give you everything you're looking for.
- Precise Cuts: You can't go wrong with the curved blade. You'll get precise cuts and a nice rocking motion when cutting.
- Durability: The high-quality carbon steel gives a consistently sharp edge and good durability. High-carbon steel layered with stainless steel is just about the best combination you can ask for.
- Versatility: You'll have no problem dicing, mincing, or slicing. You can use this knife to prepare just about any dish.
- Efficient Cutting: The longer blade length of the Awabi Gyuto knife, combined with its curved design, makes it an efficient cutting tool that can save time and effort in the kitchen.
- Comfort: Worried about hand fatigue when you're preparing a ton of ingredients for a party? You can comfortably grip these professional chef knives for hours.
Shop Our Collection of Professional Chef Knives →
Using an Awabi Gyuto Knife
If this is your first time using a Gyuto knife, here are some pointers that will help make prepping food a little easier.
- Hold the Knife Properly: Make sure to grip the handle of the Awabi Gyuto knife securely, using a pinch grip between your thumb and index finger. This will give you greater control over the knife while you're cutting.
- Use the Right Cutting Technique: The curved blade of the Awabi Gyuto knife is designed for a rocking motion when cutting. If you haven't used a curved blade before, it may feel a little different in your hand. Once you get the hang of it, though, you'll discover that this motion is great for dicing vegetables or chopping herbs. For other tasks, such as slicing meats or fish, use a smooth slicing motion.
- Cut on a Cutting Board: Again, these Gyuto knives have a really sharp edge, so make sure to use a sturdy cutting board to protect your countertops.
- Use the Entire Length of the Blade: If this is your first time handling a Gyuto knife, make sure to use the entire length of the blade, rather than just the tip. This will give you a cleaner and more efficient cut.
- Maintain the Blade: Gyuto knives have a sharp edge, but like any knife, they'll need to be sharpened. Use a whetstone or a manual sharpener.
So, Why Get One?
The Awabi Gyuto chef knife is a remarkable tool that lives up to its name. It's a well-rounded knife that will meet all your prepping needs, and it will last you for years.
Get This Gyuto Knife →